No Any Drive Found

ssc456

Fully Optimized
hi,

on my recent build i have had this message at the star every time i boot until now it hasnt really bothered me it does not cause major problems in fact not really a problem at all im just looking to add to my knoledge as to why it does it,

when i start up my pc i have the usual bios screen then flicks to black and then a black background with white writing says 'no any drives found' (i think thats exactly what it says) and then it flashes off the black screen and starts to load xp ???

as i said it does nto cause n e real problems just something i always wondered why ??

i think this is my mobo Asus P5VD2-VM Socket 775 P4M900 VT8237a PCI-Ex16 mATX

i cnt memba if u need ill check it proply later

i have a SATA II hardrive at 160Gb

my board is definately a Asus lol but as i said if u need ill check tomorrow

have you open the case to fiddle with the SATA connectors to make sure that it really is a failed drive and not just a loose connector?

well i dont think it is a failed drive coz i only have 1 hard drive on SATA and that has windows on it and it works fine and in case its refering to my dvd drive that also works fine so....

My brother has that motherboard and he gets the same message. The page also has a reference to JMicron and from memory even a jmicron website or some other writing on the page that says No any drive found. it's nothing to worry about. Your board has a Jmicron Sata port on it. You have no drive plugged into this port therefore it says no drives found. It;s not meaning no drives found on your computer ..just no drives found on this port. I think it is the port that is in the rear of the board. From memory I think you can disable this from coming up in the bios.

There will be an option to disable this in the BIOS, just have a look around for the setting.

ok thanks ill look a bit later when i get round to rebooting it i never thought it was a big problem just wanted to know

Back
Top Bottom