Nis 2007

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
After installing it, I was very dissapointed that it did not include an Ad BLocking feature like the previous version of Norton Firewall did. I don't know what this feature was left out. Either that or I must have overlooked it somewhere in the settings. If anyone has NIS 2007, do you have ad blocking enabled or are you like me and don't have it too?

Overall interface has been revamped and does look cleaner than before. Very simple and easy to use with all the security measures you can think off including phishing and antispyware monitor.

*Update = Turns out there's an Add-On Pack for NIS 2007 for Parental Control and Ad BLocking. YOu know that ad that appears at the top right hand corner of this forum? This add-on will block it:

Norton Internet Security Add-on Pack
http://www.symantecstore.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=NIS07addonpackUK&client=Symantec

This is good info for those with this software installed. It adds an extra tab in the security center for "pop-up blocking", "ad-blocking, "anti-spam", "privacy control", and "parental control", something the original NIS 2007 doesn't include. Unbelievable. That's a big list and you would think NIS would have all that already. The core is just a stupid firewall, phishing, spyware, and antivirus protection with intrusion control. Strange how LiveUpdate didn't include all the missing ones, but had to be installed as a service pack. Why couldn't Norton include it from the beginning? Wierd

Back
Top Bottom