NIC performace...BAD!

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
Any clue as to why my network addaptor is rather crappy? I figured being a 1000Mbps addaptor it'd be good. However, I've had more problems out of this one than any of my other ones.

For example, when I try and access my server, it takes FOREVER for it to kick in. It just sits there for about a minute or so doing nothing. Finally it just pops up. Also, when I try to do 2 things(maybe download something and browse my network) things get really slow. Loading thumbnails seem to put a strain on it too.

Now my old T-Bird had this old NIC from '94 in it(one of these with a BNC, AUI, and RJ-45 on it, 10/100) and it did great. I don't like how XP caches thumbnails, so I disabled that on both comps, and my old one was MUCH quicker loading this stuff.

I updated the drivers and some things were fixed. I can acces some sites I couldn't before(odd, huh? Even without the firewall, they wouldn't load) *shrugs* It's not worth adding another card, just a bit disappointing I guess.

You know, I've been a pretty die hard Abit fan, but I dont think the quality of this new board matches my old KT7A...

As I stated it's not worth replacing. It's just annoying when it's like half the speed of this one that's over 10 years older than it!

Besides, I have spares in my closet :p

Back
Top Bottom