Newly built computer. constantly reboots.

newageart1

Beta member
Hey guys, I'm not that new at building computers but my newly built computer is giving me some problems. When I turn on my computer, there's a single short beep and it just keeps on rebooting as soon as it gets to the initial diagnosing screen during start up then reboots and keeps on rebooting. I can't get anywhere… no bios, no nothing… just reboots constantly. I thought it could have been the memory giving me the problem but, no hope in that because I've tried three kinds of ram. Another thing I thought of was some kind of overheating but I checked for that. If anyone can give me some suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

My specs:

Dfi Lan party 875p-T motherboard (a replacement motherboard)
3.2 Pentium 4 (came as a bundle with the motherboard)
184 pin 512mb ultra ddr x 2 (new)
Maxtor 200mb HD (previously used prior to the new motherboard)
Plextor dvd drive (previously used from my other motherboard)
Ultra X-Connect 500 watt power supply

In no way, shape, or form can I get into the bios because it reboots right after the diagnostic screen finishes the cpu testing.

I have seached all over for the beep codes in the user's manual for the motherboard and there's nothing what so ever about beep codes. I did do a search online for beep error codes but for the most part, the one single short beep means that the system is ok.

Thank you guys for your concern…

try starting with the mobo, one hdd one stick of ram and see what happens. then if it fails swap ram. see how it goes.
have you made sure that your heatsink is sitting correctly on your cpu? i had a similiar problem when my heatsink snagged a rear fan and got twisted. i booted it but it quickly shut down (within seconds).
woz

ok try a non box run
1) remove all the parts
2) connect the cup ram mobo and if nesscary (not on-bard) the crapics card
3) place this on the mobo box
4) try to boot
any luck?

Back
Top Bottom