Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-25-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Newegg prices after XMas

umm are newegg's hardware prices generally lower before or after XMas?

browserjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:53 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Newegg prices after XMas

wait for end of jan/beginning of feb, i think you'll see some fluctuation in prices around that time, especially in the videocards department.

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
Golden Master

If so, I hope they have wireless laser mouses available. Optical mouses are not as accurate as laser ones. I have one for my laptop and it totally owns optical. It works literally on every surface, including reflective surfaces.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
If so, I hope they have wireless laser mouses available. Optical mouses are not as accurate as laser ones. I have one for my laptop and it totally owns optical. It works literally on every surface, including reflective surfaces.
yep i have a wireless laser i forget which model it is from logitech and my desktop mouse is an mx510 and then of course... i have a two ball mouses on my other two desktops upstairs.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 10:59 PM   #5
Golden Master

The thing is, I'm in a middle of a game and the optical doesn't have the same response time as the laser mouse. I lost because of that. I've never had this problem with laser before. Plus, my table surface is rough. Optical just doesn't pick up. I use my laptop laser mouse on the same surface and HELLO!!! It works very nicely on my binder too even though it has a highly reflective surface!!! Respond to every movement. That good.....I'm using a mouse pad right now for my optical mouse .

I'll be browsing Newegg around Christmas break for a desktop version of the wireless laser mouse. Or even a wired laser version. I'm just sick and tired of optical mouses. To think, they use to be the best, lol. They did own the mouseballs long time ago, but laser is in.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

It's a pretty noticeable difference between laser and optical. I have a Razer Copperhead and whenever I go to school and use the computers i'm like "ugh".