Newbie with a problem lol

dannym02uk

Solid State Member
First off just like to say hello to everyone and nice forum , I have a major problem ( well to many anyway lol ) I have 2 computers, the old one i used to use had to disc drives in it one of which i installed myself , so thought i would put one the drives in the new computer , when i connected the drive into the new computer i had to swap them as the wire that connects to the motherboard wouldn't reach , i then restarted it and found that in my computer none of the drives where being recognized , i then swapped the drive back thinking having 2 drives isn't going to work , so then i changed it back to the way it was before , just one drive , and restarted the computer , went into my computer and found that the original drive is now not being recognized either. I went to device manager expecting to find a question mark next to the cd drive but there was nothing there apart from the hard drive , which has led me to this forum lol , i hope someone can help with this problem. Thanks , Danny.

Power plugged in? IDE or Sata? Did the cable come loose on the board side possibly? Does it show up in the bios?

power is plugged in , i'm pretty sure its ide because when i go to bios it says primary ide not detected and secondary ide not detected, i have checked all cables and all seem to be connected ive even tried the 2 power cables one says f5 and the other f6 tried both and none seem to register the drives in my computer.

Make sure the jumpers are set up correctly on the drive.

thats what i would have suggested as well.

Make sure they are...and try it again.

Another thing you could do, is remove the jumper on the drive all together and see if the bios regognizes the drive.

Thanks guys it was stupidly the cable not bein connected properly to the motherboard, any of you guys have any good links to building your own pc ? parts wise .

Back
Top Bottom