Newbie here needs HELP!

vista 32 bit. uninstalling l4d2 from steam and gonna reinstall to see if it fixes that game.

Have you had a look in the windows event log ? . im just getting details of how to enable the computer to write to the log and show BSOD when the computer fails.

no i havent. i have seen it before but cant recall where it was, can u direct me please?

Ok , right click on computer in the start menu and choose properties then click advance system settings. click advanced and then startup and recovery settings. under system failure make sure write an event to the system log is checked and that automatically restart is NOT checked.

this will next time the computer fails show the BSOD and show a error number.

Now run the game that does it and wait till it fails and take a note of the information that comes up such as error number and the fault it gives.

Previous post
just type "event" in the search bar in start and then click the first link "Event Viewer"

ok all done. thanks, i feel like were getting somewhere. steam is DL l4d2 now and i will play as soon as its finished to get the bsod, never thought i would want to get it rofl. cant find lead to front fan without some tearing down so that is on my to do list but its def not working.

got event viewer up, wat do i need to look for. thers alot to search through. i have 17 restart manager warnings, code 10010. thanks for spending so much time on my problem, ur da man.

Just look for anytime that the computer has been turned off incorectly. normally has a red X in a circle. i will search up on this code you have given.

To know exactly what code its giving take a note of the exact time from a clock that the computer BSOD's. Then take a note of that error code and description. also as you have ticked report to error log it will also be put in there for later review. to find it just search though today up to the time that your recorded the BSOD.

Do you play any other games that are fairly high spec ?

I Myself Would Upgrade To Windows 7 Or Linux. I Run Both Windows Vista AND Linux And Have NEVER Seen This Problem! It Seems That ASUS Computers Are Not Built For Gaming

just finished DL of l4d2 and played on a highly modded server. never got a bsod and computer didnt restart. gpu hit 56 drgrees celsius but seemed fine. i have uninstalled bfbc2 and am i process of Dl it right now. maybe i had a corrupt file somewhere or something like that. hopefully bfbc2 will be ok too and problem will have been solved by uninstall. never did think that could be the problem but we shall see. i will keep u posted. thx fot the support arsenal and suggestion to reinstall games, that could be the kicker. i also like these two programs i DL. speedfan and BIT are real assets to see wats REALLY going on. once again thank you man!!!

Back
Top Bottom