Newbie help

Archlvt

In Runtime
Is there perhaps a store online that I can buy specific components from, and have THEM put it together? I realize it's not all that hard to build one myself if I research it, but I just don't want the responsibility in my hands, and I'm willing to pay for the extra work.

The thing is, I already have a video card and PSU, so a full prebuilt won't work for me. Is it possible to buy a whole computer EXCEPT a gpu and psu and have them put it together?

if you have all the parts. you can try looking for a private owned computer store, where they can maybe built it for you. probably cost a 100 to assemble it for you.

Be careful doing that. Some shops will gouge the hell out of you to build one.
It's not complicated at all to build one. If you do it yourself you can use what you'd shell out in over priced labour and parts to get better parts or just put it back in your pocket.
And slickooz most shops won't even talk to you unless you buy the hardware from them. $100.00 to build a rig? I don't even hear people talking for less than $300.00.

Why do you have a video card and what size power supply ?
What i suggest probably won't need them.
Shop in your city or near one.Get to know the owner.
Buy an all parts for free assembly like i did.
Where are you ?

Ontario, canada

I have a video card and PSU because I was going to build my own computer piece by piece as I get the money, but I've been procrastinating more and more because I don't want to be the one to build it.

Buying parts in a local shop would be really expensive, would they not?

And as for the size of the PSU, it's a brand new antec 650w. Apparently it's got a really high rating for clean power. It was recommended to me by the good people here at computerforums a few months back to go with my hd5770.

Got any computer buddies that maybe could help you put it together? You can always come to this forum and ask as many questions as you need to. Everyone here will be glad to help you.

What's your hesitation on building your own? I just build my first computer a couple weeks ago and everything needed help on I found here and now I find my self doing my best to help others with what they ware working on. It seems scary as hell at first handling all the delicate parts but with a little patients and a little effort it winds up being pretty easy and very satisfying.

My hesitation is that I don't want there to be ANY chance of a screwup, and if something goes wrong, I don't want "Maybe I screwed up" to be part of my troubleshooting. Everything I've bought in the last 3 years is just falling apart and I've been spending thousands of dollars fixing or replacing them. I'm sick of it.

I just want a piece of equipment that WORKS, and if something goes wrong, I can hold someone else accountable for it. I can't afford to just "take a loss".

I know it's easy, I've done it. I just don't want to do it again because it took me almost 6 months to fix my GPU after getting it. I went through dozens of pages of google links for solutions, I came here and got no help, I don't want to be left in that situation ever again. I bought my hd5770 in like feb or march, and I wasn't able to enjoy any games until last week.

I was having "Display Driver amdkmdap has stopped working and has recovered" errors. And before you go ahead and tell me that I needed to update my drivers, just know that I spent at LEAST 60 hours online researching ways to fix this, as well as getting help from 3 techs. So any obvious answer you come up with has been tried.

The solution was to underclock it 50 mhz.

If something goes wrong, I want to be able to take it to the person who built it and say "You messed up. Fix it."

**edit** Actually, it's for this reason that I'd really like to buy a mac, if they'd come out with some new stuff for once. Macs just don't crap out on people. I'll gladly pay extra money to avoid a headache.

Back
Top Bottom