Newb to OC'ing a GPU

so, the real question is, did I do it properly? and how else can I test it?
Looks like a nice OC. I usually use this technique:

Start by increasing solely the core clock in 15Mhz increments whilst testing with a stress test in between each jump. Leave the memory alone to eliminate variables. Once the stress test crashes/artifacts, reduce 10MHz and retest. Repeat until stable then perform the same procedure with the memory.

Looks like a nice OC. I usually use this technique:

Start by increasing solely the core clock in 15Mhz increments whilst testing with a stress test in between each jump. Leave the memory alone to eliminate variables. Once the stress test crashes/artifacts, reduce 10MHz and retest. Repeat until stable then perform the same procedure with the memory.

what stress test do you use? I use OCCT cuz ATITool or Furmakr does not work properly on mine...and when you do the stress test do you, leave the resolution to default or change it to the monitor resolution size?

what stress test do you use? I use OCCT cuz ATITool or Furmakr does not work properly on mine...and when you do the stress test do you, leave the resolution to default or change it to the monitor resolution size?
I use Furmark as it works fine for me. The resolution doesn't matter as it will stress the GPU to the max whichever way. Use higher resolutions for checking memory instability.
Even a game will work fine and detect instability within minutes usually.

Playing your favorite games is a good way to check stability also. Just make sure FPS caps are off.

Back
Top Bottom