Newb needs help...

Well, I think you are just complicating yourself. First of all if you are going to link you PC to your TV, if you want to see something on your TV, it has to be properly set too.
When you right clic on your desktop, then properties, then advance, clic on the display tab. Now, if the button is red and your TV icon right beside it is grey, then press on the red button and then OK. Now, if both your monitor and TV icon are green, then that means your TV should be getting the signal, otherwise you would have gotten an error message. Now you have to check you TV is you getting the signal on channel 91, video1, 2 etc. aux. If you finally find your PC desktop on your TV, if you want sound!, you will need to run a cable from you sound card to your TV or VCR. There is nothing for granted with these hook-ups, but boy are they ever nice to have. I have an ATI AIW and I watch all my divx/xvid movies right on my TV.
Good Luck....I used a coax and ran the wires under the floor in the basement and made them come out right behind my TV; no messing around.
Note: there is a setting (in the AIW) that permits me to watch a movie even if someone if using the computer. It is the setting for cloning and you set it for theatrical view.

Back
Top Bottom