New Videocard, Please help me choose.

Best Buy? Wouldn't you rather shop at www.newegg.com?

But anyways, that x850XT is a nice video card, but I've seen better way better cards then that, but at a cost > $400. But since you're on a $400 budget, I guess it's a good video card.

yea ive got $300 cash and $100 gift card for bestbuy, figured i would put them together, Iam a college student so cash is tight.

You should consider getting the geforce 7800GT video card. Have you heard of them? Check out the price here:

eVGA 256-P2-N517-AX Geforce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130249

Very good price huh? I think they're suppose to compete with the x850XT you have in mind. But it is cheaper. If you have an AGP port, this isn't the card for you. I would just stick with that x850XT you had in mind up there.

I'm not really good with the hardware of computers but is that 8x AGP? cant find it in the specs

Yes, it has to be. That kind of performance video card must use an 8x AGP port and nothing slower unless you go with a PCI-e x16 supported graphics port, then you go with a PCI-e video card.

Back
Top Bottom