new video card.. something's fishy...

I have two little problems: first one: you know the two bars, well, the memory clock is disabled for some reason and i can't touch it, it says below "asynchronous clocks". wtf does that mean?
and second, i don't have a demanding game, all i have is a crappy game of tomb raider: chronicles from the year 2000, and after overclocking, it stays with the same graphics....must be the game, the game itself doent have good graphics, the graphics in my pc are the same as shown in the game case..I guess i'll have to buy far cry or something what do you think about all this? ps. the S3 overclocked at 153 mhz. :confused:

First of all, by demanding 3d game, I meant demanding for your current card, definitely not Far Cry, I don't even know if you'd be able to run Far Cry with decent framerates.(on your current card)

That message you got, it means that the memory clocks work apart from the core,they work in different cycles not pertaining to the rest of the card, timing signals are derived from special characters in the data stream itself, you will not be able to overclock the memory clocks.
By the way, overclocking your video card will not make the graphics clearer or anything, the main idea is to get it to run at faster framerates.

But a good core overclocking can go a long way, you can test your overclocking results via a system benchmarking program.

Heres one that I use sometimes, other than 3D Mark 2004.

http://www.passmark.com/products/pt.htm

so if overclocking is turning a faster framerate, how willl i noticed that it works, i Dont see any difference in the crappy game (even though tomb raider is like very very old)...im goin to tell you later my results

hey deeptroath, am i suppose to have a username and a key for this performance test, i dont have one man..can't use it.....feeling stupid

Nah, you won't need it just yet, just click cancel on the first menu you see, unless you want to buy it online.The copy that I showed you was a free trial, you WILL get to see your results, you just can't use some of the features on their software or post your results on the site.On my system, I was able to get a score of 383.7 which by the way, was in the top ten, above some guy with a
ASUS PC-DL DeLuxe Dual Xeon, 2800 BL383, Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz 2800 x2 Windows XP, 1024 MB DDR 400, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900.He has a good system, but obviously I beat him, and if I posted my results I'd be in the #8 spot!

believe me if u dont wanna mess up ur card oc'ing get cool bit its free and it auto detects and overclcks for u to the safest
or u can just do it manuall and u can test if its stable wit it.

Back
Top Bottom