New Video Card

Re: well...

setishock said:
Let me put it this way. I had the mx400 in a p3 which is 1x/2x. I took the card and installed it in my p4 which is 4x/8x. Worked just fine. That card is so flexable it's spooky. The mx4000 is not so flexable. It's either 4x or 8x or not at all. The mx400 I have is the eVGA.com model. $50.00USD.
Be sure before you buy.

Edit: Hey lurkswithin get down with yo bad self. I might look into getting one of those for my p3.

nice card with a great price.

Bear with me.. Where on Everest do I go to check what kind of RAM I have?

alright...

under memory click on SPD

And that program will tell you how fast you agp slot is and what speeds it will support along with slot voltage.

It says that the AGP aperture size is 64MB. Does that mean I'm limited to getting an 64MB video card?

um...

click motherboard then select chipset. Under the ap speed you see the supported speeds. What does it say?

lurkswithin said:
That board requires a 2x or 4x AGP video card with 1.5volt. and it has a special look.please refer to the link for identifying the type of card it HAS to use.
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-009010.htm
Note**** there is NO MORE support from INTEL on that board so what you are seeing is for reference only.

Wait, I'm not sure I entirely understand that link. An AGP 2x/4x card with 1.5 Volt slot will work, but an AGP 2x card with 1.5 Volt slot will not?

Or is that supposed to be the card WILL work with an AGP 2x/4x card with 1.5 Volt slot, but NOT with an AGP 2x/4x card with 3.3 Volt slot?

Thanks for all the patience and help.

I've been doing some more research, but I was wondering if you guys could tell me if this video card would work for me.

It's the ATI Radeon 9550 256 mb card. What I don't understand is that the card is listed as having 4x/8x AGP speeds. My motherboard is 1/2/4x. Would this mean that the card would run on my computer, but only at the 4x speed? What implications would this have?

Also, the card is listed as needing a 'Universal AGP 3.0 bus configuration (4X/8X)'. My computer has AGP 2.0, I think. Does this mean it can't run on my computer?

Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom