New and thinking of building a computer.

guyfawkes

Baseband Member
Hey everyone I am thinking about building my own computer for gaming. I am a complete novice besides a few comp sci classes back in college. I have no idea where to start beyond looking at the guides on this site and around the internet. What I have seen tells me to buy a CPU first but It is probably gonna take me a few months to pay for all of the parts so I was thinking that it might be better to buy a case first so I have a place to start and because I can get a newer CPU if one comes out in a few months. What do you guys think and any advice for a complete beginner would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hey everyone I am thinking about building my own computer for gaming. I am a complete novice besides a few comp sci classes back in college. I have no idea where to start beyond looking at the guides on this site and around the internet. What I have seen tells me to buy a CPU first but It is probably gonna take me a few months to pay for all of the parts so I was thinking that it might be better to buy a case first so I have a place to start and because I can get a newer CPU if one comes out in a few months. What do you guys think and any advice for a complete beginner would be appreciated. Thank you!

Decide on all of the parts and buy them all at once is my best advice. See if you can search around and find a free case from an old computer, because you can always upgrade the case later. If you tell us your budget and uses for it, then we could recommend you a build.

Im not even really sure how much I want to spend. Like I want the computer to be good for gaming so I was thinking I would spend like 700 maybe more. I want to play WoW and I bought oblivion but it runs super slow and shitty on my laptop.

Those ganes take very little to run, building a computer for them shouldn't be a problem.

Any other games you intend to play? I could throw together something real quick.

Well I have Empire total war and the sims. I just want something that will run those games (and WoW and oblivion) smoothly and look good graphics wise. I also kinda want the whole system to look cool.

well I have a hp dv9000 laptop but i kinda need that so i can still have a computer while i build one. and I dont have a monitor

So this would be a build that would work ok for those games? And could i switch the case out for a cheaper or more expensive one?

So this would be a build that would work ok for those games?

Will max them all with ease.

Edit: if you switch the case, you will also have to add a PSU. Afaik, cooler master is the only manufacturer who makes decent psu/case combos.

So you will need to add another $40-$50 for a psu if you change the case.

Back
Top Bottom