New Terabyte drives

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Anyone hear the news about Seagate acquiring Maxtor? IN other news, Maxtor will be coming out with 600GB to 1TB exteral drives soon. Their new 100GB-500GB OneTouch III drives are on sale now. Imagine 1TB of storage. Unthinkable. It will support new USB 2 and Firewire 800.

Dell's XPS series offers 1.5TB of hard drive. If you want to fork out 1000 bucks around there for it... I think it was 2x500GB HDDs in Raid 0 with another 500gb hard drive as a second drive. But what would you do with all that space. I barely use half of my 80gb drive.

wow....mmmmmmmm terabytes.....thats just crazy and nuts....but I like it. It'd be something to brag about thats for sure. I definitly would never use that much storage.

If you think about it, it kind of saves you money. Because a terabyte can last decades depending on how much crap you put on your computer. What is the most amount of system memory available today??

The Power said:
If you think about it, it kind of saves you money. Because a terabyte can last decades depending on how much crap you put on your computer.

Umm, I wouldn't say decades.
Remember how much the biggest hdd's could hold in the late 80's/early 90's?
I don't know but I'd say that something like 1-2GB. So, would 1-2GB be enough for u now?
I know that in the last 20 years we have technologically advanced more than ever before. And we will also keep advancing for some time.

So maybe change that decades to years? :D

lol actually one t wouldnt be that hard to use if its a media pc because my sister uses a lot i think she went through like three 500gigs because she records lots of tv shows and she listens to a lot of music.

Back
Top Bottom