New system in the works, OMG THE WORLD IS GONNA END!

I'm telling you, your gonna want/need a better HDD. You can manage to get like 20-30 extra bucks and get a 160gb seagate.

meanpeoplesuck said:
I'm telling you, your gonna want/need a better HDD. You can manage to get like 20-30 extra bucks and get a 160gb seagate.

i really dont think he needs that size hard, i really dont know many people that will use that size hard drive.

and if he's on a tight bugdet too, get an 80gb sata, that will suffice i think.

good u got a bigger psu tho, the 430 could have been tight for juice and lets face it u dont wanna blow all parts up. could be a disaster!

Heh, man oh man... what I am upgrading from? oh boy.. here we go..

Intel Pentium 2 300mhz slot 1 (deschutes core) 300mhz fps, some intel mother board, 384mb 3.0cas mem, geforce2mx 440, ISA ess audio drive sound card, and maxtor 6 gig hard drive.

As for 80 not being enough.. well... I was thinking in the long run, I would use the 80 gig for just the OS and games, and later down the road just get a 250 gig for storage and such.

I've got an 80GB hard drive now and I'm doing fine with it. Just had to back up some stuff to make more room. I guess it is kind of small if you're planning on storing movies, MP3s, picts, etc. Everything looks good.

^^ I used half of my 160gb Barracuda in about 4 months. I was down to only 40gb at one time, yes ONLY 40gb ;).

He obviously is buying a good GFX card so he can play games, and games are pretty large about 2-3gbs. Music takes up like 10gbs or more. I mean, it is possible, and rather easy.

80gb just sounds SO tiny to me.

yeh, good things with hard drives is that u can always stick another 80gb in later down the road if u run short of space.

Yeah I suppose, one hell of an upgrade for me though don't ya think?

Well, guess i'll have to find myself a floppy drive now, since I need to install the drivers for the sata while installing windows... woopdedoo.

anyway, if i'm desperate for storage, my dad's pc has a 200 gb hard drive, so i wont have no where to put stuff.

hmm, that would be a nice upgrade from the old one :) Anyways, really you could just buy a larger HDD because it's not much more to increase the size but if you are sure with the 80GB then go ahead, it will probably do you fine. But SATA is a nice technology and you will be glad you have a SATA drive if ever you go and buy another harddrive to couple with the one you're buying now.

Back
Top Bottom