New system wont post

MikeReiner

Golden Master
Yes, for those who wonder, it is this motherboard: http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=66108

Now, according to the manual, you have to switch all the jumpers to 2-3 for 939 mode, and I did that, so I can check that off.
I'm trying to use a amd 64 3200+ 939, it is known to work.
512 megs of kingston ram (also known to work)
a geforce fx 5500 (again, works)

I can power it up and get all the fans spinning and whatnot, but it doesn't do anything past that. Any thoughts?

triple check the jumpers, because if that stuff is known to work than you should be getting a screen. if the ram\cpu\motherboard\video works than you will get a screen so its one of them, since the other hardware is known to work than its your motherboard.

maybe it was DOA?

I checked all the jumpers pretty thoroughly.. multiple times.
I guess this great deal wasn't so great after all.. you get what you pay for..

Now I need to find another Socket 939 motherboard.

All the 939 boards on newegg are just plain crap.

do u only have one Proc in it or two?. maybe it needs two (i dont know much about dual Proc mobos

No, it can only use one proc at a time.

Are both memory banks for different types of memory? If so, are you using the right stuff?

No, it can only use one proc at a time.

Are both memory banks for different types of memory? If so, are you using the right stuff?

They both use DDR 184 pin memory. The ones on the right side in the picture are for the 754 CPU, the other 3 slots are for the 939. I tried all three slots, and another stick of memory I have... no go.

Does that board have a speaker on it? If so, any post beeps? Any post beeps with no memory installed at all?

I didn't get any beeps. Hm, lemme try turning it on with no memory in.

Edit: No beeps no matter what I try.

If the board is in the case, try taking it out. If still no luck, try a different powersupply. For all we know, it could be like the 5v, but not the 12 or any other rail being dead.

Back
Top Bottom