New system, no startup

Ross1990

Beta member
Hi, i have just put some money into upgrading my pc (or basicly making a whole new pc) on my own. This is my first time building a whole new pc for myself, i usually just gradually replace the parts as i need them, although i have never encountered the problem as follows.

I have purchesed these items and fitted them with all the precautions.
A Gigabyte GA8S655fX-L (socket 478) motherboard
512mb DDR PC3200 400MHz Ram
Intel P4 2.8ghz socket 478 processor
Gigabyte PCU21-VG 3D-Cooler Pro (with cpu paste)
and a basic (but brand new) 500 watt psu.which i bought afterwards

I have left the following items:
256mb graffix card
40 gb maxtor hard drive
Case
Floppy drive , CD drive

The first time round i fitted al the items making sure i missed nothing.
Conected all the wires properly and then conected it to the power. When i whitched it on however, all that happend was the led's lit up, and the fans turned on, the hard-drive dident start up neither did the moniter. I heard no startup beeps from the sytem speaker. I them reset the bios by taking out the battrey on the motherboard for a few mins, then tryed again, still no hope. I then took out the whol emotherboard and evry thing that is needed for it to start up, and assemled it onto an anti-static surface and tryed again. still no hope, i then tryed replacing the ram with anouther stick of the exact type, changed the grafix card. I also bought a 500 watt psu as at the time i only had a 300watt. All this did nuthing. After that i sent away the processor for a new one, fitted it into the same motherboard(with the paste) and tryed to startup again with no sucess. I then came to the conclusion that it had to be the motherboard and sent it away for a replacement, i got the replacement and fitted it to the case with the processor adn evrything else all with the same anti-static precautions. I still have the same problem even though i have replaced almost evrything.
I am realy stuck on this one and maybe anyone out there has had the same problem and knows the solution. ANy help would be very much apreciated, thanks

take it to some one who can build a pc i dont think u have has the start up wires in rite our maybe something, take it to someone else o r u from england

NO WAY near me i am in blackpool i was going to say go to someone who can put them together u may be able to but just double chek m8 its worth it.

I am prety sure i have the wiring correct , but i will have to see what my friend says, as he has built a few himself.

Did you move the jumper which zeros the bios to the on position? Most new boards come with the jumper in the zero position to save battery life

Yes, good thought Gary. Also, did you seat the RAM just right, that can cause problems, and sometimes even WITHOUT a BEEP CODE!! :(

Well GL, update us with stats!

Back
Top Bottom