Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default New System!

I am currently planning to finalize the list of parts for my new system that I will be building over the weekend / next week. - I am a Geek Squad Double Agent, so I get the Best Buy discount which will be used for the hard drive, monitor, ect.

I'm basically looking for recommendations for the motherboard, CPU, and the GPU. - The system will be used for basic gaming.. but I wish to have it perform very well in the games that I do play.

I play World of Warcraft (with addons), Counter Strike: Source, and will probably play other games as well in the future.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/M...px?ID=12508948 - This is my current wishlist that I've built.

By the way.. while money isn't a huge deal to me.. I didn't want to put together a unit that I won't fully utilize like I did years ago. ;-p I'll be buying a 24 inch monitor in Best Buy, with a surround sound system.

Thanks a bunch!

Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Baseband Member

Default Re: New System!

that link is asking for your login to see it. Might be better to paste the parts here. With those games you can easily get away with just a GPU of 9800! Now if your talking crysis and the likes...then you should look at a 4850 or so.

imager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Oops.. sorry about that! - Here is the public wish list URL..

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=12508948

:-P
Old 04-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

everything seems ok

gl and post some pics
Old 04-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Nice build.

I would change only one thing. The power supply. The Rosewill units aren't of the highest quality. You can get a much better PSU with more power for less. I would suggest this one: OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Nice build.

I would change only one thing. The power supply. The Rosewill units aren't of the highest quality. You can get a much better PSU with more power for less. I would suggest this one: OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W
nice find thats really cheap for an OCZ
Old 04-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Nice build.

Nice advice.. ;-p I've added that to my wish list.

EDIT: I'm thinking about choosing a different case because I may add a second video card at some point.. and I'm very big on having an abundance of my space in my case. Any suggestions?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #8
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahawolf View Post
Nice advice.. ;-p I've added that to my wish list.

EDIT: I'm thinking about choosing a different case because I may add a second video card at some point.. and I'm very big on having an abundance of my space in my case. Any suggestions?
I really like the Thermaltake ElementS. Good reviews. The Antec 900 that you picked is a nice big case though with good reviews, you should have no problem putting in a 2nd gpu card there. I know others that have. I just am partial to the ElementS
imager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #9
Fully Optimized

This one is an upgrade of my current case pick... - For some reason, I've always been a fan of ATX full cases, over mid. More cable management, and more space for my cards.. since the video cards are quite larger than they were 3 years ago. ;-p

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129043
Old 04-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #10
Golden Master

Sub $100 HD 4850 FTW!

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote