1. The PSU will provide sufficient power, yes. Hiper is a quality brand and there PSUs are very reliable. Type-R especially although the Type Ms are still very good.
2. The E6600 has been replaced long ago. The current equivalent would be the E8400 which is one of the new 45nm Wolfdales. This means lower temps/power consumption and better OC'ing capabilities (4.3GHz on air!). Here is an article: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu...-wolfdale.html
If you are a gamer then I would recommend a Core 2 Duo E8400 as gamesvery few games can take advantage of quad cores, here is some proof:
HL2: Episode 2:
E8500 @ 4.3GHz- 240FPS
Q6600 @ 3.6GHz- 206FPS
E8500 @ stock- 185FPS
Q6600 @ stock- 144FPS
E8500 @ 4.3GHz- 83FPS
Q6600 @ 3.6GHz- 78FPS
E8500 @ stock- 72FPS
Q6600 @ stock- 55FPS
E8500 @ 4.3GHz-186FPS
Q6600 @ 3.6GHz-189FPS
E8500 @ stock- 157FPS
Q6600 @ stock-153FPS
(The Unreal 3 engine is multi-threaded (is supposed to take full advantage of quads)) As you can see a dual is better suited to gaming than a quad core.
If you are a video editor and you are often encoding large files etc then you will see gains from going with the Q6600 over a C2D.
3. The 8800GT is a great card although if you can I would recommend a Gainward as they fit their 8800GTs with improved coolers as the Nvida reference cooler isn't the best. This one for exemple: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=728462
4. If you are looking for a P35 board (something I recommend) then the MSI P35 Neo2 is a board I like a lot: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=636580
5. Geil are a good brand although I prefer Corsair XMS2 RAM, it can reach 1100MHz: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mem...0_2.html#sect0
Here is the page on a Geil kit: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mem...0_4.html#sect0
I recommend 4x1GB (2 kits of 2x1GB) of Corsair XMS2 800MHz CAS 4 memory.
6. Raptors are tricky. The advantages are obviously speed, the disadvantages are numerous. Fistly, they come no bigger then 150GB and you'll be paying a lot for one that size. Secondly, they are noisy and thirdy, it's very debatable whether the money could be better spent elsewhere.
I hope I have helped.