New switch box needed

tim_ver

Solid State Member
New KVM switch box needed

I have two pc's and a laptop "On docking station". I want to be able to hook up all three to my one large monitor "DVI" and wireless keyboard/mouse "USB/PS2". I have a Belkin KVM 4 port now but has VGA and PS2 hook ups only. I did try a usb/ps2 or ps2/usb covertor but did not work well.Here is what each computer has for connection to help out with what switch I should get.

PC1 - Running Vista 64, has 8 USB slots and one ps2, video VGA and DVI plug.
PC2 - Running XP 32, 4 USB slots, and two ps2, Video is VGA.
Laptop w/Docking station - running XP 32, 4 USB slots, No ps2. video is VGA.

What is the best switch to handle this and what is all needed?

Can anyone help me out on this? Looking for ideas and suggestions as I am sure plenty of people have KVM's now.

I found this one but not sure on how good it is or the reliability of it. I did a few people saying the DVI connection would not work with their video card using dvi or vga with adapter.

KVM 4 Port DVI USB2.0 Audio Avocent Model: 4SVDVI10-001

Thanks

I've found that most KVM switches I've seen don't work with anything other than PS2 ports. Maybe you can find one with a USB port instead.

dude_56013: those are both VGA Only. I need DVI for the monitor. Will this work with adapters for DVI and PS2?

What's your budget? I'm sure I can find something but I was already in the $200 boxes on NewEgg when I finally stopped. I'm thinking you don't want to pay that much.

I would like to stay under $150 but want something solid that will work 100% with all video cards and my DVI monitor, Logitech keyboard/mouse that has PS2/USB connection.

Thanks

So what switches will work for me on my DVI monitor with one DVI video card pc and two that have VGA all have USB.??

Thanks

Best KVM switches IMHO are starviews, made by startech.com, have a look at their website, ive been using these for about 8 years now with no issues at all, they do switches to support VGA, DVI, audio, USB etc.

Back
Top Bottom