NEW! Sound Blaster Audigy 2.. Won't install.

mjonesguyana

Baseband Member
Hey Everyone.
I just got a brand new Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Sound Card for Xmas and I really want to get get it working. I have a pretty nice computer.. (128mb Radeon XT, 576 Ram, and lots of other good stuff.) I turned off my computer and inserted the Audigy 2, then I started my computer back up.. Time passes... Windows screen comes up.. I log in "Administrator ****" And w/e (Youre not going to guess my pw so stop looking at those *'s Lol.) :p . So my computer has fully started up.. All my tasks are working.. My LAN is faster than ever. But somthing's wrong.. Why wasn't I prompted for my Audigy? Why isn't windows asking to install my new amazing device? First of all.. The box didn't have a CD with drivers or anything on it so that pissed me off.. So I go online to http://www.soundblaster.com and I look for drivers. After looking around I think that I find the right driver, and I go to install it. Yet another problem... "Can't find components" or "Sound Blaster Audigy 2 not detected" (Somthing along those lines..) At this point i'm going nuts and i'm punching holes in my monitor (No seriously.. I had to get a new monitor and I'm typing this from my laptop :D .

Does anyone know what I can do to get this dang thing installed? Please let me know if you've got a clue. Thanks alot everyone... Have a nice day (Hope yours is better than mine :p).

DId your old computer had an existing sound card in it? I would delete the sound drivers and uninstall whatever software your older sound card came with and start from fresh with your new Audigy 2 card. I also disabled my onboard sound.

My Audigy 2 zs came with 3 CDs. One has all the driver and appications for it (THX setup, EAX Advanced HD, DVD Audio, etc. etc). The other 2 CD are mainly demo CDs to demonstrate the THX, DTS ES, Dolby Digital, EAX HD, and DVD Audio sound.

Once the Audigy 2 is installed, go online and make sure you download the right files pertaining to your sound card. Then install it and check volume controls.

ON a side note, I wasn't prompted for the new Hardware detected either. It didn't play any sound at all at first because nothing was installed. The drivers took care of it and plus the other applications help enhance the sound card features. That's why I don't bother with OEM products. Doesn't come with anything. I even have the digital connection, which I'm not using now but will setup in the future.

suggestion

In addition to uninstalling the drivers if your last sound device is onboard sound, you could also try going to start, control panel, system, hardware, device manager,sound, video and game controllers, find your onboard sound card in the list, right click, choose Diasble, and then try re-inserting your new audiy into a PCI slot.

-------------------------------
My PC
========================
AMD Athalon 3000+ Xp
MSI KT4-Ultra
1GB(2x512mb)PC3200 RAM
160Gb Western Digital Hard Drive
Radeon 9550 256MB
Audigy 2 ZS
Thermaltake X11 heatsink/fan
500W clear PS
LG 16x Super Multi DVD Bruner
52x 32x 52x LiteOn CD Burner
Alien (Red) Full ATX Tower
=========================
--------------------------------

Wow thanks guys.. You're soo much help. I should have this silly problem fixed in no time now :) Thanks again..

Back
Top Bottom