New SATA2 HDD......

neon615

Baseband Member
Well, i just bought a new 320GB SATA2 HDD, i previously had an IDE hdd in my computer, but i took it out, and installed WINXP on this new HDD, when i boot, i get an error saying "No Master IDE H.D.D Detected! Press F1 To Resume"

Which i do press 'F1' and everything works fine, my problem is, that this happens EVERY time i boot! i am still using an ide cable for my DVD-RW drive, so, i think my mobo is confused.

My mobo is ASUS p5vdc-MX

you will prolly have to change the boot order to sata HDD or whatever the setting is in the bios to boot from sata hard drives , my two sata ports are called ide3 and ide4 so if i wanted to boot from the hdd on my first sata port i set to ide3

Can you please tell it to me in plain english? i have no idea what you are talking about.

Yeah sure , when the computer is booting press delete and you should get this screen
phoenix-bios-main-screen.jpg

Now press the right arrow on your keyboard and progress to boot at the top , then there should be settings to do with boot order like what device to try first , you prolly have to change the first one to sata

or check that there is no option to disable ide or anything else to with sata or ide

You probably need to enter the BIOS and set the boot order correctly. Reboot your computer and push the Delete key at the first post screen to enter the BIOS setup. Once in the BIOS, click on Boot on the top bar and then Boot Device Priority. There you can set your SATA drive as the primary boot device. When finished, press F10 to save and exit the BIOS.

Oh yea, when in doubt,
rtfm.gif

Back
Top Bottom