New Router

blando233

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I am trying to find a good router for video streaming. I bought the Amazon fire for netflix etc and the router will stop working then i have to reboot it etc. Any ideas on a good router for video streaming?

Are you certain it's the router and not something else? Can you confirm that no other device can stream while this is happening on the Kindle Fire?

I would just hate for you to get a new router and then still have the same problems.

Well i called Time Warner and we did speed test and everything was fine but right when i use amazon the internet goes like crap. The light on the front of the Amazon Fire is white for connected then after a bit it will go yellow meaning it was disconnected or lsot connection. I got upstairs and the rought light went from Blue to yellow as well. So i am thinking it would be the router.

Do you have other wireless devices? Take your Kindle Fire to a coffee shop or some other place that has wifi and see if the same thing happens.

Do you have a computer hooked up to your router? What if you stream from it?

If it is just laptops connected to the wirless and the amazon is off it works fine. Once kindle is on thats when the internet is on and off.

Oh crap forgot that i will have to check when i get home. Would that matter since it connects and works but then say after 10-20 minutes it will have to buffer and sometimes it never comes back until i go reboot the router.

Maybe...but probably not.

Can you stream the same movie from a laptop?

What service are you streaming from? How close are you to the router?

It's up to you, I just don't want to see you go spend $60-80 on a router, only to have the same thing happen again.

Back
Top Bottom