New Rig distress...calling all computer nerds

Jsy

Baseband Member
New Rig in Distress...Calling All Computer Nerds

I'm having trouble with my friend's computer. I bought the parts for him and put the computer together myself. He installed windows XP Pro sp1, and when he goes to boot up his computer the first screen to appear to give you the opinion to get you into the bios (it takes forever to load through about 2 minute wait). After that part finally loads, the screen goes through the DMI load sequence and then it says it failed to boot up and states that my friend needs to insert the boot disc to get into windows. After the boot disc is put into the cd-rom everything runs fine. It works like any other 3800x would run. The only problem is that you have to put the boot disc in.

I finally got a chance to mess with it and I flashed the bios, installed sp2, used msi live update and installed all the necessary updates for his computer and after I come up with the same results as him.

His computer is a 3800x core 64 AMD, 250 gig sata drive, MSI K8N Neo2 platinum, and has four 512 sticks of Patriot ram.

Does anyone have any input that has had a similar problem or has a 3800x and can tell me what they have in theirs. Any help would be great.

it's probably because the mobo doesnt recognize the SATA hd you have as ur primary master drive. I have a similar diagnosed computer as yours. It's nothing bad.. it's just that ur SATA drivers cannot be simulated until the mobo knows what to activate.

dont remember if it's ata or sata.. either way, hope this helps you.. the mobo update should have it though..

Back
Top Bottom