New Rig, Big Problem!!

bennboy9201

Beta member
All of the parts finally came in for my new computer. I have a ATI 4890, OCZ 700w PSU, a AMD 550 Black Ed. and a Gigabite MA790X UD4P motherboard. When I hit the power button, the case lit up, but the GPU fan made a pulsing sound from losing power very briefly, and with every "pulse" the HDD LED flashed. Three of the four lights also flashed on the GPU. It is like these parts are being restarted every second or second and a half. What was odd though, was how the case fans and lights did not seem to lose power too.

We took the GPU out and the HDD light was still flashing at the same speed as before too, leading us to believe that the GPU had nothing to do with the problem. We were 100% sure that everything is wired correctly, does this only leave the Motherboard to blame?

Recheck all connections, wires cables, memory, everything. Looks fo any shorst such as misplaced standoffs under the motherboard. Make sure the power supply voltage switch is set to the correct voltage. 115V if you're in the U.S.

How can I make sure the voltage is correct? I am 100% sure the wires are correctly placed, 4 of us have looked at the wires and we rebuilt the whole thing too. It seems that the pieces requiring any power from the mother board are the ones resetting.

Some power supplies have a small voltage selector switch on the back. If yours doesn't have one, no worries.

Have you cheked to make sure the CPU and memory are properly seated? Check that the CPU fan is plugged into the FAN1 or CPU_FN header.

Got another power supply you can try?

as you can see AR has maxed out his rep bar
so i would do that first
and be very thourgh
then if nothing that AR says works
take everything off and look the mobo over very well
look for anything that might look out of place
or something that might be missing
and if you find something
then a pic would be nice to see also :D

Back
Top Bottom