Is a new PSU the answer

drdodd

Beta member
I have a radeon x800 pro 1gb ram 3.2 ghz. I have this problem, the other day the graphics went all screwed up and then the monitor went into power save mode. Since then i have been unable to turn the monitor on as it just goes into stand by mode. I have tested other monitors with the pc and they have the same problem and i am sure the monitor is not the problem. To me it sounds like the computer is starting up fine, unfortunately i cannot se what is happening. Is it possible that the cheap 350 watt psu is not supplying enough power to all of the parts??

Thanks

No, I don't think that's a power problem, not unless it's a reoccuring problem. Now, it sounds more like hardware failure, seeing as you no longer get anything. What exactly is "normal startup" for you? Like, do you get a beep and then hear the harddrive thinking/see the light flash? Do you hear it go to windows?

I'd say try another video card if you can.

350 watts!??!?!? wtf!!! you need atleast 500... but taht doesn't sound like the problem but ull need one anyways so get a 500 watt by antec or allied or thermaltake

500 watts my ass... I have a duron running on a 200watt PS and my main system on a 350watt. Besides, I hear most of those super power supplies are just junk, and your better off getting a pricy 350 watt...

I actually heard they where more power hungry at some point? That was one of the reasons they put off so much heat *shrugs*

mine dont put out much heat. my case inside is actually not too hot. just a very tad warm ifeel the processor and its not too bad evne running lots of apps.

Back
Top Bottom