new prospective comp, need some help

balance17

Solid State Member
what up guys. newb here on this forum and looking for some help. i finally decided to drop some $$$ and build a pretty fast comp. sorry for all of the lame links to look at, but any help is definitely appreciated. heres what im looking at to buy.
processor
memory
mobo
psu
HD

im also looking for a good dvd-r/rw + cd-r/rw combo. and a good video card in the $400 range that works w/ my mobo or another suggested mobo. thanks a lot guys! if you guys see any flaws with this set up, or products even let me know. it will be sweet sticking around here for a while. later

everything looks ok. if you were going to overclock you comp i could suggest some better parts but what you have listed is perectly fine. i would suggest a hdd with a 16 MB cache though so look around and find one. newegg has some 250GB hdds with 16 MB cache for about $20 more then the one oyu have listed. as for the video card i suggest the 7900GT. it can play everything out there now at full settings and you can always get another for SLI. and it's only about $350 and only dropping in price. you can get a 7900GTX of course but it is a poor price/performance ratio compared to the 7900GT. as for the combo drive just find something with decent speeds and a reliable brand and you should be fine. hope this helps.

yo balance,

Welcome to the Forums my man.

Alright, 1) Get a SATA II HDD, because you will be able to get 3.0GB/s instead 1.5GB/s for only a little more cash. Look for something with good seeking times and a large cache.

2) Get a better power supply. Maybe one from Enermax or OCZ and make sure it is a standard 24 pin. Also make sure it is SLI ready and SATA ready, because you want to keep your options open for SLI in the future, seeing as though your buying an SLI mobo.

3) You're short on a few things... Case, video card, and CD/DVD drive.

4) If you aren't going to to over clock your processor, get some RAM modules that will match your CPU HTT, which at stock is 200. So DDR400 is the way to go with that, seeing as though you will get the lowest timings and the fastest responses. I am pretty sure about this but I might be wrong.

luke, the set up im looking at is extremely similar to what im looking for. how is yours working out of you? how much did it cost all together? i have a case and cd/dvd drive. how is your video card working out for you also? i also have lcd/keyboard/mouse. what is your Hard drive set up. thanks :)

Sli ps would be something more then 550 watts. And what exact mobo do you have? Not just the brand, but the model. The one listed above?

Back
Top Bottom