New Processor and MOBO?

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
I have a mobo with a agp slot. i recently upgraded my old computer that was pretty low quality, to a gaming computer with 512 ram, a radeon 9800 pro xt, 3 fans, new case, new 400 watt power supply.

is it really worth it to buy a new motherboard? I dont think it is, do you guys? I really don't think having a newer motherboard would do me much good, it holds everythign i need. I have a 2.4 ghz processor, would it be worth it to upgrade to a 3.0 or a 3.4 ghz processor? It's quite expensive so before i start chucking out money for a fast processor I want to knwo if it will be worth my money.

OR should i just through in another 512 mb of ram?

just because your mobo has an agp slot, doesnt mean its good enough for your video card, i think?
i think it is possible that your mobo might not run your card to its full potential. i look forward to hearing the more savey mambers oppinions.

That depends...does your motherboard support an upgrade to the processor? If it does, then a CPU upgrade would be better than more RAM. If it doesn't, then look into RAM or consider a new motherboard.

Remember, upgrading equals money. Choose wisely.

does ur mobo have agp 8x? cuz if it only has 4x then u should upgrade so u can get the best performace from ur vid card...a 9800xt is awesome... it also depends on how much ur willin to spend... dont buy micro atx or baby atx they suk
another stick of 512 isnt that expensive so u may wanna spend less on ur mobo so u can buy more ram

its a 4x slot. What else does a new motherboard have to be compatible with? It has to be compatible with the video card (meaning its got a agp slot right?), then im going to need to check if its compatible with my processor (how can i do that?) and what else will i need to check is compatible with my computer?

also if ur getting a new mobo consider the amd 64 3400+ its moderately priced and murders the p4ee edition but isnt as good in multitasking(not a big problem for a gamer) the amd 64 uses a socket 754 or 939 or 940 dpending on the model (they also have a fsb of 2000mhz compared to p4's 533 or 800mhz)

how do i know if that mobo is compatible with my processor? Is that all i need? A mobo comaptible with my ram, graphics card, and processor? Does it need 2 be compatible with anything else?

I can solve this problems with the link below. Just buy the MOBO listed, and it comes with a compatible AMD64 processor, for a great price!!

HERE- http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80717-R-240412

If that is over your budget, then do this one:

HERE- http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80699-2-240412

The first option is great, the second is also good, but the first kicks the seconds @ss. Anywho, switch to a new MOBO and processor, and be happy. GL! :D

BTW, all the links to MOBOs above are completely compatible with you Powersupply, Ram, GPU, and everything else. :D
THE ZEN NEVER FAILS TO ANSWER A PERSON IS DISTRESS! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom