New Processor Conundrum

knp101

Beta member
Let me start off by saying I am not a huge fan of Intel, typically their processors nowadays are extremely overpriced. But out of nostalgia I went go take a look at the Pentium line and was surprised to find that even the sandy bridge has found it's way into the only processor family I trust from Intel.

I came across two very similar processors today in terms of price and specs, and I can't figure out which one would be better. I'm trying to build a new budget entry level computer. Is there anyone that would like to share their thoughts and comments on these two specific processors?

Also, I know the difference between sockets. You don't have to explain that to me, I just want to know which of these are potentially better.

Specs of both processors side by side:
processors.jpg

I guess the Intel would be my first choice, having L3 Cache and a higher Graphics Frequency.
I honestly don't know much about APU's, other than just reading this post.

It's almost neck and neck, but the advanced GPU in the Llano wins this contest hands down. Go for the AMD APU.

Let me start off by saying I am not a huge fan of Intel, typically their processors nowadays are extremely overpriced. But out of nostalgia I went go take a look at the Pentium line and was surprised to find that even the sandy bridge has found it's way into the only processor family I trust from Intel.

Overpriced? They were when the Pentium 4 was all they had, and for a while, the first generation Core and Core 2 series. Not so with the i-series. Intel is working with some of the best PC technology to come out of their fabs in a while, the i5's and i7's are the performance kings of the processor world. That being said however, their GPUs are severely lacking still.

Since this is a comparison between a Pentium series processor and not an i3 or i5, the AMD wins because it has performance that rivals that G620, and has integrated graphics that doesn't suck.

As for your "trust" in the Pentium line... it's just a name.

Back
Top Bottom