New processor but choosing heatsink+fan

Lancurai

Beta member
Hi, i recently have bought an upgrade for my old comp. by simply buying a motherboard and processor deal, i figure why not just stop over however, the processor i bought was an AMD 64 3400+ (939) pin with a ASUS a8v deluxe mobo. I'm trying to figure out which heatsink and fan would work best for the processor since i don't want to mess it up, and nobody around me has given a straight anwser. I've seen heatsinks and fans for a 3400 xp amd, but i'm not sure if buying one would be safe to go with my processor. Basically i'm looking for performance and budget, hence i don't want to get water cooled for they are too expensive. Please respond back with you opinion.

mmmm, go to newegg, and go to teh fans and heatsink section, then go to the swiftech company, and look at their heatsinks they are nice, ... mom just came and ranted at me... anyways, i have one of their heatsinks, with a 90mm vantec tornado (loud with out a fan controller) anyways i like it, and zen says my temps are very good so yay costs about 50-60 bux total after shipping

Indeed they are trance. the Tornado is a bit loud though, even with a fan controller, I like a heatpipe based heatsink.. I g2g to bed since I have the flu, but I will give you linkage tomorrow. Gnight!

lol, my tornado makes ... no noise, i use my TT fan controller that came with my vga cooler, on all case cans cept led one cuz it controls the led lites too, anyways, i normally have it on low, and i can normally hear my dvd drive over the fan noies, specially if my "door" / "gimp door" is open

thanks, i'll check out the tornado heatsink, i was just making sure to find one that is compatible since i was given vague threats that i may mess up my chip or not because i found a heatsink and fan for AMD 3400+ 939 pin Xp

why don't you just get the retail processor and save the hassle? After buying the CPU OEM, you'll pay just as much after buying a heatsink+fan+thermal grease than if you were to go retail in the first place. The stock cooling is excellent and CPU's always around 35 degrees.

i didn't buy from retail for retail was around 350 for the processor and 150 ish for the mother board, i got this processor and motherboard for 300 with the mail in rebate which i've already gotten back.

Back
Top Bottom