New probs, router issues

chery

Baseband Member
I told you that I would get back to you experts as I don't know much about networking or routers and a friend needs help, again. My last friend did join up, and I'm sure this one will too, but right now here's his problem:

:confused::confused: router access point problems I have a wrt54g router and a wap54g access point. Now the problem is I have used them both for some time now but just recently they have started to lose the signal, well the wireless network will just go away. I mean for no reason the wireless network will just go away as fast as it appered. I have upgraded both so that they are running the most up to date firmware. this was an issue about a week ago and I fixed it but now it seems to be happening again. the fix last time was to update the firmware. I am able to use the network as long as I am connected by a cable but the wireless is not there. it is as if the wireless is turned off. Nothing has been changed. The connection to the access point was working after I rebooted it the router and the computer. but died after about 4 minutes. the access point is setup as a repeater but it is not working. can anyone help me with this. I am with in 10 feet of the router and the access point is within 20 feet of the router and I still loose the signal. I use the access point because is give a better signal I think there is something in the house that kills the signal. I do not pick up any wireless signal from any other networks. what can be going on. I am rather good with networks as that is what I do but this has me stumped so anyone please help.

Back
Top Bottom