New problem.

Steemax

Daemon Poster
This problem is on the AMD machine in my sig.
Ok so what happens is on the first bios screen that pops up when I press the power button it freezes and says somethign like "CPUID: and then a bunch of numbers" which I have never ever seen before, and it freezes like that for about 15 to 20 seconds then everything goes by normal, until it reaches time to load windows, the screen just goes black and freezes that way until I shut off or restart the comp. So I try to reset bios with a jumper, that did nothing, disabled SMART, nada, Restored fail safe defaults, and Optimal defaults still the same.

At this point I say alright well I have no other choice but to restore, so I change the boot priority to CD rom, so I can boot up the OS CD, it asks press any key to boot cd, so I do and it gives me the message " Failed to load Operating System". So i say alright forget Windows and I pop in my Ubuntu 7.10 CD, that loads up the live CD just fine, I reformat the hard drive everythign goes well, then it starts loading up the files and after 10%, it gives me some huge error with numbers so im clueless.

SOOOO whats up????:confused:

Sorry for the long post, any help would be appreciated.

CPU:ID doesn't sound very good to me.
Isn't this what shows your processor information?

Could be your motherboard/CPU which isn't good at all...

CPUID: 00060FBI Patch ID 0083

thats what it says.

and google finds absolutly nothing.

This is annoying, I'm going to try a different harddrive and ill post results.

EDIT new harddrive is a no go, and I noticed a diff error with trying to load up PCLinux 0s, it says Failed to load up graphical interface, Server X
Im going to try using my onboard vid card.

EDIT #2, I removed my ATI x1950pro, using the onboard x1250, everything now works normaly, so unfortently RIP vid card =(

CPUID: 00060FBI Patch ID 0083

thats what it says.

and google finds absolutly nothing.

This is annoying, I'm going to try a different harddrive and ill post results.

EDIT new harddrive is a no go, and I noticed a diff error with trying to load up PCLinux 0s, it says Failed to load up graphical interface, Server X
Im going to try using my onboard vid card.

EDIT #2, I removed my ATI x1950pro, using the onboard x1250, everything now works normaly, so unfortently RIP vid card =(

Time for a triple SLI 8800GTX. Woop.

Yeah well, Linux will have problem with their X Server on that 1950Pro. Try reconnecting it though. IT's very unprobable to proke OS fails and system freezing.

Yeah well, Linux will have problem with their X Server on that 1950Pro. Try reconnecting it though. IT's very unprobable to proke OSS fails and system freesing.

Ive ran linux before fine on my x1950 but I'll give it a shot.

Of course, if it's natively supported or if you install the drivers, you're good to go.

However, make sure your GPU isn't overheating either.

Of course, if it's natively supported or if you install the drivers, you're good to go.

However, make sure your GPU isn't overheating either.

It still persists, its not OC"d and I bought a PCI slot fan for it a while back and its been running with that. So yeah =(

Back
Top Bottom