new powersupply

My friend has been running an Ultra power supply for a few months now, so I say go for it.

They say u need 30A for an 8800GTX more if its a XXX version etc. Some sites even say 40amps! but im not sure if this is correct. That psu has 38amps, so u might be pushing it a bit, Im only going on what other sites have said...

Electric consumption in question, and in spite of fears which one could have, NVIDIA finally remained almost measured. Thus, according to our recordings power consumption , GeForce 8800 GTS consumes slightly less than one GeForce 7950 GX2 whereas model GTX is far from . NVIDIA recommends the power of 450 Watts with a line 12 volts of 30A for GeForce 8800 GTX. More modest, GeForce 8800 GTS will be satisfied with a power of 400 Watts with a line 12 volts and 26 amps. Side thermal pwoer,nvidia indicates a maximum TDP of 147 Watts for GeForce 8800 GTS against 177 Watts for GeForce 8800 GTX. Here on the other hand, it is almost a doubling of the TDP, which is never was a good sign, since GeForce 7900 GTX displayed a TDP of 90 Watts…

so if it was me id go for a higher ampeage psu,the watteage is fine.

Back
Top Bottom