New Power Supply

Mike Nowakowski

In Runtime
I want to upgrade my graphics card but i only have a 200W power supply and i cant find many that take that low of a current. I am thinking of getting a new power supply that has more power, but where do i start and how do i know if its compatible with my computer and is it worth it to upgrade my power supply for a graphics card. I have a Dell Dimensions 2400 with a PCI connection for a new graphics card.

It should be ATX. I did a search and couldn't find much, but it apperas to be in an ATX case, and it is a somewhat recent model. You do need an upgrade though if you want to put in a newer graphics card.

It should take a standard ATX power supply. There really isn't a wide selection of PCI video cards worth getting at a decent price. It looks like your best bet price/performance wise would be a HD 2400 Pro. They can be had for as low as $55 on Newegg. You'll need at least a 300W power supply to run it properly.

So the ATX power supplies shound fit where my other one was

And does the amount of Watts going into the graphics card make a difference.

If your video card doesn't receive enough power, it could cause your games to crash or no signal going to your monitor.

Back
Top Bottom