new pioneer dvr-108 drive not reading or writing disks

supercoop

Solid State Member
I have just installed a new pioneer dvr-108 drive and for some reason it is not reading or writing disks, I have installed nero 6. I have checked in device manager and it says the device is working properly. Can someone please help me?

thanks

Dos nothing happen at all when yo put a disk in?? Have you tryed with different programs?? Strange problem...

nothing happens at all when I put a disk in. Is there anything else you need to do to the drive once you have installed it into the pc?

Well do you have another comp. to test it on ?

Or you could check inside the comp. to make shure the connections are snug & correct.

And make shure the jumper's are set correctly, if it is on the Secondary IDE cable as a slave or master.

If it is on the same IDE cable as the cd drive, make shure that the one on the very end cable is master & the second one down from that is slave.

ive tried it on another computer and it is still the same. Its set as slave on the secondary ide cable and the jumper is in the correct position.

if you tried the above then i would have to say that either your lens needs to be cleaned, or The read/write arm is damaged or loose.

How old is the drive ? / if it is brand new, then reurn it to the store for another one !!

If it was dropped by the store you bought it from, then they prolly damaged it.

it is brand new, I only got it the other day. When I took it out of the box one of the corners looked to have been damaged abit and there is also something that rattles about you move it about, should this happen?

No !! if you hear a hhd rattle inside it means the read/write arm...has been Damaged !! By all means take it back to the store & have them replace it with a new one.... 8)

definitly, if one of the corners is damaged, then it has been hit pretty hard, nothing should rattle when you shake it. I have the same drive and I haven't had any problems with it.

Yes absolutely. Today in the shipping business, times pays, and if a parcel get dropped they don't care.
Even worst is when then get stuff out of big boxes. Many use blade knives to open up the boxes and you can have cases with long dents, cut up boxes with couple of hundred $ components. Then they place the boxes or items in a way you might not see it. When you buy something like a computer part, always check for open or damaged boxes because once its' paid, if you have a problem, you'll have to give them the dealer an explanation.
A few years back I bought a video card, and as I got in my vehicule, I notices like a rattling noise. I came back in the store right away and the salesman opened the box. There was a capacitor that had popped out of the card. They immediately gave me a new one no questions asked. But I;ve seen someone been refused an exchange because the device (PCI) had been installed. Know from who you buy; when you have a dealer you trust keep him. Trust is always your best warranty.

Back
Top Bottom