new to pc's , please help me

punchb0wl

Solid State Member
i have finally logged on to Everquest 2, however, i am now getting a message saying my graphics card is not up to the task. i have been told that it does not have space(?) for pixels/shading.
my graphics card,if that is what is is, is an

NVIDIA GeForce MX4000 w/ AGP8x 256-bit graphics processing unit high performance 3D graphics accelerator

1) do graphics cards fillup like memory cards?
2) do i have to clear some game programmes to make more room?

yours in ignorant frustration.

cheers :confused:

cheers for your quick reply mate. but the website is F***ing useless
i'll have another go though. cheers :)

What RAM does the Card have? What RAM do you have normally? These sort of games pump up a whole lot ot System RAM too.

What was the exact message?

full message is, (and i may have given some wrong info. before.)

"you require a video card with at least 4 texture units"

<alert> E:/ live/eq2/game/client/scr/ClientApp.cpp(2100):

the pc was put together by a friend so is a mish / mash of different parts. no idea what RAM I have

motherboard is K7 M848A(PC CHIPS)

AMD processor

Ah; well then it must be the Graphics Card. FX ones aren't so expensive anymore, and a FX5200 would do it fine, at least it would run. Although of course anything over that would be better.

so graphics cards and video cards aren't the same thing? oh well, i'll take the game back to the shop, pick up that CIVILISATION game i've been mulling over. any online games you know of that will be supported by my system? everquest 1 perhaps, rome: total war runs ok.

thanks to all for the very quick replys, any other problems, i'll be intouch.

thanks again :D

graphics cards and video are the same thing. And I wouldn't mind suggesting some cards for you if you let us know what your budget is.

around £100

never mind ha-ha, i told you, i don't have a damn clue :D

"don't make me use my stuff on you, baby."

cheers for the recommendation, civilisation it is, then

Back
Top Bottom