New PC for video editing
Ok, so my younger brother needs a new PC and I will build it for him.
The main purpose for PC is video editing, second is Gaming.
He has 3 monitors, one of them is 24" and the other 2 are about 20"
The PC needs to be top of the line, I don't really have a budget maybe around $2,000. If I spend less great, if I need to spend more then I will. I will be using Newegg to order the parts, but I also have Microcenter not to far away from me.
This is what my brother sad the PC must have;
* Very good GPU
* CPU (must be easily overclockable to 4.0 Ghz, I personally always liked Intel CPU's so unless AMD has a big advantage now, I would like to stick with Intel CPU)
* CPU Cooler "Prolimatech Mega Shadow Deluxe" (when I got one for my self this thing was the best cooler on the market)
* 12GB of RAM
* 2X SSD HDD (one for him and one for me as a method of payment, so a nice SSD is needed. Is Intel G2 still the best option? )
* 3TB HDD's (total)
* Top of the line Sound Card (he asked for 2 sound card's... can he do that? He just wants to be sure he has all the ports that he would ever need)
* 3 CD ROM's (don't ask)
* Full Tower Case with great cooling (his room gets hot, so suggestions on good fans is also needed)
I don't know 1st thing about video editing and I stopped paying at attention to the new parts that been coming out for the past year or so, so all of your help is greatly appreciated.
Does crossfire/SLI helps with video editing? If no, then a single GPU is fine. (must be something good tho maybe 5870 thats what I have)
- Asus P6T Deluxe v2 - Intel i7 920 @4Ghz 1.35v- Prolimatech HS - Cosmos S Case -
- ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ800 PSU
- ATI 5870 - G.SKILL 6GB DDR3 1600 - Razer Barracuda™ AC-1
- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor