new pc sound issues?

swanksta1

Beta member
i just built my first rig. i have the msi 785gtm-e45 mobo 2gb crucial dual channel 800mhz ram. with the on-board sound. i have a 5.1 surround sound system i want to use. and its hooked up. the only speakers that is working are your front side two. the front speaker the sub and the back two do not work. i have tried to configure my sounds in the control panel. and still nothing.i really need some help please.

Are you sure you have the plugs set up correctly at the back?

i.e if you have an extension sound connector for the top of the case for example, use the one at the back where the motherboard lies and test the connections there first.

Green is usually the front connector.

Also, make sure you have the sound driver installed, to correctly configure the speakers, on the motherboards CD rom or from the manufacturers site.

well yeah on the back of the surround sound box i color matched all the wires and then i have that hooked into the green audio port of my pc with one wire. and when i test the sound through the surround sound box all the speakers work just fine. but when i set my pc to 5.1 and test the speakers only two of them work. and my sister had this hooked into her pc before me and it worked smoothly with no problems. and i downloaded the realtek audio drivers and teh HD audio drivers from the msi website and the realtek site.

Your reply is confusing. Are you using JUST the green plug, or are you also using the green and another color? The correct setup for a 5.1 system should be something like:

Front Speakers = Green
Back Speakers = Black
Center/Sub = Orange

Then you can go into the RealTek driver control panel and set the speakers up. For the record, my X-Fi in my signature died and I've been using my realtek onboard lately, and I had to set the speaker setup to 7.1 to get it to work with my 5.1 speakers. Otherwise, when I use 5.1, the driver doesn't work properly for some reason and I only get the front speakers on sound playback. You may have a similar issue.

Back
Top Bottom