New PC, sorta working

joenailface

Baseband Member
Hi, just finished my first new bulid yesterday. Everything seems grand to me but when i switch the machine on there is nothing coming up the monitor.

I have the feeling that it is going somewhere because when i go to turn it off i've to hold the power button for a few seconds. But i can't be sure about that either. The SLI Card is in the non SLI way, all the fans are working and theres power going to all the hardware, theres no beeps from the bios at all though.

The hardware i've got is

MSI P6N SLI Plantnium Motherboard
Black Diamond 500W Powersupply
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
XFX GeForce 8800GTS 500M 320MB GDDR3
OCZ Gold GX XTC DDR2 PC4200 2048MB KIT
320GB Seagate Barracuda Sata
250GB Seagate Barracuda Sata

Also I checked to see if was my graphics card, so i but in my friend Club3D Radeon X1650Pro 256MB into it with the same results. Thanks in advance guys :)

Do you get any beeps? When I bluilt my computer not so long ago, it did exactly the same. I automaticaly assumed it was the graphics card, but in actual fact the proccesor was dead on aravial. May be worth checking out :)

You could try popping another proccesor in there, but be carefull as it could be something else and end up killing that too. Wouldnt reccomend putting it in another computer unless your not realy botherd about it cause it could cause problems on the other comp.

Yeah i've taking everything out the case and its fine, just need to reinstall windows. So any advise on what to do about the case then?

Does your mobo come with onboard graphics? If it does, then see if they work.

Back
Top Bottom