new pc problems

mr.monger

BSOD
a little while ago i fifnished building my new pc. its not bad at all (considering i had to pay 4 it all by my self and im only 13 heh)
well anyways i finished it and installed windows and all and when i start it up it says: missing file NTLDR press any button to restart then i do and it doesnt restart instead it says: please insert system disk and press enter. i do that and re format my hd and reinstall windows. then when its done it says:starting windows and then it goes to a blue screen of death and it says some random crap and i restart my pc and it says ntldr missing AGAIN so i do this a few more times until i said screw it its not gonna work
so can anyone help me?
btw im running win 2k pro (or atleast trying to)
thanks

Do a memory test!!! Mine had similar errors and it turned out to be ram!! Also chech that the disc isn't corrupt.

i doubt its the ram and i cant do a mem test since it wont start up
o and btw how could the disc be corrupt if i could install windows on it?

Well it cud be the ram, have u tested it in another system!!! Sorry i didn't realise u'd installed it elsewhere!! I think u can boot from a floppy with memtest on it and do it that way!! Correct me if i'm wrong!

its impossible that its the ram because its a software error first off (damn windows) and just a few days ago i had this ram in another sys and it works just like its supposed to no probs

Depends on the mobo and chipset, i know some nf2 systems dont like cheap ram!! Ur ram may have recently nackered!!

its not an nf2 chipset its a via
tha mobo is an skt600 chaintech
wen i put in my dadshd it worked fine w his windows so i dont kno wats wrong w/ mine i just know its a problem with SOFTWARE not hardware.

Your mobo may not like your ram. Make sure the ram speed is fine. Ram doesnt work in any system, it has to be the right speed.

i just recently had the exact same problem, it was because i upgraded from a windows 2000 professional installation.

it can also happen if you use a copy of windows xp, for some reason sometimes when you copy them all the files dont get copied, are you using a copy? or did you upgrade from an older version of windows?

i just reinstalled windows xp from a legit disk and it worked fine.

then did an upgrade to xp pro from a copied disk, he he. if for some reason the things i mentioned dont work do a search on google and type in "ntdlr is missing", and a whole bunch of things will pop up to help you..

let us know how you make out.

dude my mobo is fine and all the hardware is fine im not that stupid but like i said b4 its just a software prob

thanks crazyboost i found what i wanted at a site called computerhope.com im gonna fix it as soon as i get some floppy discs and a drive

Back
Top Bottom