New Pc mATX or Laptop?

Paoc

Beta member
Well im in the need of a new pc as my current one has trouble doing most easy things. I cant say that i will be playing games to much, but maybe a little Grid or Battlefield here and there. It's mostly going to be for photoshop and stuff of the like, but i would like something decent and upgradeable, i don't plan on doing sli or crossfire. I dont want a mid tower pc or by any means a full tower. I am planning on building my own or buying a laptop. If i were to build my own mATX i have picked out a few parts that i would get for it:

ASUS P5E-VM HDMI mATX Motherboard

Silverstone Sugo SFF SG03B mATX Case

Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4ghz Processor

Crucial Ballistix PC26400 DDR2 Dual Channel 800mhz Memory

Gigabyte Odin 550w Modular SLI Ready PSU
(Need the modular for a mATX case cause the wires get tight in a small case like the one i picked)

EVGA Geforce 8800GT 512mbDDR3 600mhz Video Card

Now thats the basics of what i would get... it's not top of the line by any means but will last me a while, the board can overclock well if i ever needed to overclock but it lacks pci-e 2.0.... which is a drag but other than that it has everything i would need. I can always upgrade to a quad core cpu if needed and the case is one of the best mATX'es around...

so with that said should i go with something like this or would it be better to get a laptop which i could bring with me everywhere but wouldn't have as good of specs?

i am on a budget of about $1500 and i live in canada so i cant really buy parts from the us. I have looked at Tigerdirect but they dont carry the motherboard i want and the prices are cheaper at NCIX... i might also look at canadacomputers.com. I went to future shop the other day and like the laptops but was kinda not impressed that they have no power.

Is there any improvements to be made to the system i have picked out? Or should i go with the laptop?

Back
Top Bottom