New PC build -RECEIVED- :D

Re: New PC build -ORDERED- :D

Thanks, but that is definietly too expensive :p
Plus, I ordered the 320mb version of the 8800GTS, so those resoloutions would probably be pushing it for full settings on games later on.

I thought that would be the case about RAID :) Ah well... I'll just have to set the components up, test the hell out of the Logitech's, and wait until Monday to buy a new hard drive. I may upgrade to the X-FI Platinum too, depending on how much money I have spare to shell out...

Thanks, but that is definietly too expensive :p
Plus, I ordered the 320mb version of the 8800GTS, so those resoloutions would probably be pushing it for full settings on games later on.

I thought that would be the case about RAID :) Ah well... I'll just have to set the components up, test the hell out of the Logitech's, and wait until Monday to buy a new hard drive. I may upgrade to the X-FI Platinum too, depending on how much money I have spare to shell out...

OK, yep it's also out of my budget too (will have to stick with my 19 inch non-widescreen LCD monitor for now). :rolleyes:

Anyway for the hard drive can I again recommend Samsung SpinPoint hard drives they are supose to be fast and quiter then most other models. Especially the 500GB ones.

EDIT: Check out the monitors by ViewSonic they are also a good brand. Again heres a link to some:http://www.microdirect.co.uk/productlister.aspx?n=6,39&n=604

I just thought if you wanted a hard drive that is identical , try aria , they offer same day delivery as well in manchester www.aria.co.uk if they offer it on Saturday you should be able to get it tomorrow i dunno how much it costs though

I'm well annoyed now :(

Micro Direct sent the parts out, and I was meant to get the 3 parcels today.
I chose next day delivery which i thought would cover today too, being Saturday since they got sent out yesterday.

Now, I'll end up waiting until tuesday! So, I paid the extra for nothing basically :(

I also e-mailed them about the X-fi card and wheather I could exchange it for the Premium model, and got an answer back unrelated to what I asked, talking about sending the parcel back to them.
All I asked was wheather I could exchange at my nearest store. They didn't comply to what I asked.
Useless!

I'm starting to get serious doubts wheather I chose the right parts now too. All this hassle makes my mind wander too much.
For example, did I choose the right motherboard, the right RAM (PC26400 speed 800mhz be enough to overclock the Q6600 to for example 3ghz?), the right PSU?

Hmm... I'm wondering if Amtrak will deliver on bank holiday monday. I seriously doubt it mind.

Right, I should recieve all the parts minus the hard drive/thermal paste I ordered a day later, tommorow.
Then, Wednesday, I should order the paste and the second hard drive, so I can build :)

I'm confident about the build now after reading some reviews, so I know I've picked good parts. I may get the Tuniq Tower 120 at a later date if I want to overclock/can't achieve a good enough overclock.

Anyhow, to the monitor selection. Does this look good to you? I'm ready to order. Seems pretty good to me. 19 inch Samsung wide screen, 2000:1 contrast, 2ms response, but I can get this for £145 somewhere else:

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/535695/art/samsung/syncmaster-931bw-19-wide.html

Or theres this which is a 20 inch offering 700:1 contrast and a higher resolution...but cheaper than the above:

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/113148

Or theres this, offering 20 inch's of 3000:1 contrast ratio for £171.92 inc VAT:

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/125098

Only question for these would be, would my 8800GTS 320mb handle games at the native res at full specs?

The 20 inch above, though more expensive seems like the better purchase to me, but I want to hear your views first :)

looks like a nice pc! im getting my upgrade on wednesday cant wait ;) but as for the x-fi.... wellll when it works its awsome, but unfortunatly the drivers for it are horrendoius, just do some google searches and there are thousands of people with problems, and creative support suck majorly. im sooo peeved at them, sometimes the sound comes out high pitched and literally my ears feel like theyre about to burst, also if uplan on using digital ouput ie to a dd 5.1 decoder u need to enable it everytime windows starts as it forgets the setting!!! in fact creative didnt fix this, some bloke like u and me wrote a program for it to enable the dd output at windows start!! k thats me done, had a go at creative ;) but good luck on ur build, keep us updated on how its going. Im v jealous lol.

hehe :) What you getting?

Shall I go for this?:

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/125098

Seem like a good deal for a 20 inch panel?

Its either that, or a 19 inch which I can get for around £150 of the same make? Is it worth it for £20 more?
Would my 320mb card be able to perform well with it?

After this query, I'm done, as the hard drive and monitor would most likely come by this Wednesday, ready to build :D

Hehe I will do when I build, and I'll be sure to take some pics of the final build too, as long as I can get the wires inside looking nice and clean :D

I'm thinking of going for the 19 inch now, purely because at £150, its cheaper, and 2, the resolution may be too high, and text too small to make it worth while.
Would I really notice that much difference either way? Since both support 720p?

Just getting a cd2 e6750 2.66 1333fsb, corsair twin xms ddr2 800 (1gbx2) and the evga 680i mobo , so hopefully ill be able to overclock to3.2 quite easily.

Back
Top Bottom