New PC Build Problems

Unfortunately, the motherboard needs that speaker in order to communicate post errors. Have you tried the other trouble shooting steps? Making sure the card is seated, replacing the vid card? etc.

Yes have tried that. It sounds stupid but surely when your using a new GPU with a computer it needs to have the pc drivers updated? The only problem is this board doesnt have a built in GPU

Yea I saw that, there isn't a need to have drivers though when just booting up. The drivers are for the OS. Everything on the board should be plug and play. You may be able to go to a electronics store like radio shack and pick up another speaker. Don't use the thread in these forums about the beeping codes though as each manufacturer is different so the beeps will mean different things.

Ok thanks the other thing is, is that you know my previous thread about the RAm, it says that you need triple channel for an i7 930 and iv only got two sticks of ram in my computer. Is that why it is not working correctly?

If I'm not mistaken, the i7 will work with dual channel... I could be wrong though (I'm an AMD guy :D)

Edit: According to this site, the i7 does work with dual channel

Haha Ok fair enough thanks alot. Im really stuck though at the moment i dont have a clue what to do

Find that speaker or go get one. You have to be able to hear the Mobo communicate with you.

From here you have to get a mobo speaker if one is not soldered on to your motherboard, that's paramount. That's your next step.

Back
Top Bottom