Hi

I have just finished building this spec pc

Intel i7 930
Asus Rampage II Gene motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GSO
2 x 2gb Kingston DDR3 Ram
320 GB hard drive
550w PSU

I have just plugged the monitor into the graphics card and switched the pc on for the first time and the computer switches on and sounds like it is working but nothing is showing up on the screen

Can anyone please help me with this issue as i really want to use my new pc?

Thanks

Make sure you connect the monitor to the first monitor output and ensure that the graphics card is connected to the PSU, if necessary.

Let's start with some trouble shooting steps.

1. I remember the forum about your RAM, so I would take the RAM out and see if you're getting any POST errors (beeping). If you are that's good, the Mobo is working properly. See if it will boot without the RAM at least into the BIOS although I don't think it will.

2. See if the Video card is propely seated. Take it out and see if you get additional POST Errors. As there's no onboard video it's a little hard to trouble shoot the video card, try another video card that you know works.

Get back to us.

Ok thanks alot but the only problem is it doesnt have a buzzer :/ so i cant tell if it makes any noise or not. Is there any other way to tell?

Every motherboard has an onboard speaker for POST errors. If you get one, it will beep.

That's pretty old school xD but alright, plug that bad boy in and see if she beeps at ya.

Back
Top Bottom