New PC Build 2011

Rocky3789

Baseband Member
Hey guys Ive got a new PC build that Im trying to get ready for BF3 and I would like your guys opinion on these parts. Now Here is a list of my current parts for my for my PC im using now.

Parts
Case: HAF 912
Board: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M600
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz [OC to 3.7GHz]
GPU: XFX Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR5
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 1600
DVD-ROM: LG DVD-ROM/RW
HDD: Western Digitial 500GB

Now for the New Build Im looking for these parts. I may have gone over the top with some of them but if you guys can save me some money that would be awesome.

Case:COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Borad:ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

or

ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support and ..

GPU: XFX HD695XZDDC Radeon HD 6950 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

PSU: OCZ ZX Series 1000W Fully-Modular 80PLUS Gold High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 ...

RAM: G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

HEATSINK: Corsair - Hydro Series H100 Dual 120mm Fan CPU Cooler

That will all run BF3 just fine.
I personally don't trust, or like, XFX as a video card brand as I've stated in previous posts. This is mainly because they outsource a lot of their parts and tend to have a cheaper build quality compared to some of the other Radeon brands (a hit or miss company as sometimes you get a quality card as well). I would recommend looking into a Sapphire branded card (not bias, just fact as I've personally owned XFX cards which died and caused me to look into them a bit further).

If your going with Western Digital, look into their Caviar Black FASS line, its real fast, and though the slightest bit nosier it is by far their best HD. 500GB is more than enough for one game.

I personally like the Crosshair V over the first board you listed. It will give you space to build the system up more over time and is a very well built board.

Your PSU options should not be CoolerMaster and OCZ. Look into a higher quality brand. I recommend to you the newer Corsair Enthusiast Series PSU's. All high quality parts taken from Seasonics best models, and high quality cabling and wiring on the inside so that you never worry about shorts.

The GSKILL series is a good series of ram, so stick with that.

The Phenom X6 processors are overkill. They cost more, and you will (I guarantee this) not notice a performance increase in gaming. They have barely utilized the use of 4 cores at this point, and the current best processors for gaming are X4 core at this point in time. The only time you will notice a performance increase is in heavy graphic design or video editing. Neither of which you mentioned doing.

If your going to use money on a aftermarket heatsink, look into a Corsair closed water cooling block instead. The better models are the Corsair Hydro H-50 and Corsair Hydro H-70 series. They unfortunately began "cheaping" on build quality on their newer blocks. The difference to tell them apart is that the H50 and H70 have circular cooling blocks whereas the newer models are squares.

Everything else looks fine, make sure to get Windows 7 64 Bit and the CM 912 is a great case.

The bigger issue with his PSU isn't the brand, but the amount. Overkill dude. Unless you're going to Crossfire three cards and OC to Oblivion...1000W is too much. 750W from the Corsair Enthusiast brand is good. Or you can get the Corsair Professional series...which is modular, which you seem to like OP. Go with a bigger name brand. OCZ does seem to have customer satisfaction issues, though I dont know from personal experience if they're warranted. Corsair however is always top notch. Go with this: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

The bigger issue with his PSU isn't the brand, but the amount. Overkill dude. Unless you're going to Crossfire three cards and OC to Oblivion...1000W is too much. 750W from the Corsair Enthusiast brand is good. Or you can get the Corsair Professional series...which is modular, which you seem to like OP. Go with a bigger name brand. OCZ does seem to have customer satisfaction issues, though I dont know from personal experience if they're warranted. Corsair however is always top notch. Go with this: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Haha I didn't even notice he had 1000w. PSU's on there, just homed in on the brands... yeah no need for 1k.

I personally don't trust, or like, XFX as a video card brand as I've stated in previous posts. This is mainly because they outsource a lot of their parts and tend to have a cheaper build quality compared to some of the other Radeon brands (a hit or miss company as sometimes you get a quality card as well). I would recommend looking into a Sapphire branded card (not bias, just fact as I've personally owned XFX cards which died and caused me to look into them a bit further).

And the whole outsourcing bit is new in this industry because...?

Back
Top Bottom