New parts/Front USB...

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Well yesterday i purchased an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ and also a Gigabyte GA M55PLUS-S3G motherboard.

This is my first time putting the parts together, and was doing fine until i wasnt sure if i had put the Front USB plug into the right hole, booting and installing windows proved this. I have posted a screen of the picture of the motherboard diagram below......

F%5FUSB.JPG

Ok, well my case has a 2 connectors (im guessing for the 2 USB ports) which are 2 pins each, can someone please give me a heads up on which ports they should go in? Or, if im not making sense to please ask how i can make sense lol....

Thanks,

Matt

I'm not sure how to explain it, i did try and take a pic of the cable but camera playing up, basically there are 2 cables each with a 2 pin length, saying Port + and Port - (they say + and - on each of the cables, not + on one and - the other)
If there is any more information i can tell, please ask, and im hoping on that picture to come through lol....

Thanks

Matt

EDIT: sorry i mean 3 pin length.....and also there are 2 single ones, which dont have any labelling on them....And also, my old motherboard had the same layout as this one, so it did go in somehow, i just didnt realise to take note, i know, my bad.....

Hmm...

Maybe put the two 3 pin connectors parallel to each other on on pins 2, 4, 6 and 1, 3, 5 respectively. Then place the two single connectors on the remaining 7 and 8 pins, leaving the 10 pin blank.

Well, thats got it, don't know how much to thank you lol.....i know i probably sound noobish not knowing that, but i am sure happy now everything is like clockwork now lol

Thanks again....

Matt

Yeah, now i gotta install all the stuf that i had because of the format lol....but ITS WORTH IT (I came from a Celeron 2.4)

Matt

Back
Top Bottom