Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-16-2007, 06:50 PM   #41
Golden Master

Default Re: New parts came in...

The customer support told me that there were two versions of the K8NF-9 motherboard. My board was technically suppose to support dual core, but there were problems with it so a newer version of the K8NF-9 came out to replace mine like months apart. I bought mine off of Newegg long ago and it said dual core support, but I bought a cheaper single core instead. At the time, dual core was EXPENSIVE!!!

The problem was pretty big because even a flash BIOS couldn't fix the problem. Oh well. I wasn't aware of this problem at all since I had no interest on bulding a dual core system in the beginning. This was the time when dual core was in the news and hasn't even come out yet until months later. Just the thought of my motherboard "supposedly" supports dual core was an incentive.

The PC is running great regardless, lol. At least the extra RAM makes an impact, but I'm on XP again . Not as much of a resource hog as VIsta was, lol.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM   #42
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

return both the RAM and the CPU, your getting totally ripped off, just tell newegg the stuff wasnt compatible and they probably wont charge you restocking.

then save up for AM2+/AM2 X2, X3, or X4/DDR2.

Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #43
Golden Master

I've decided I'm just going to keep it. The RAM is a big help for sure. The CPU is technically a better CPU, but it's like buying a different model car from the same line. I paid $50 so it's ok. It's actually running better than before so not a whole lot of regret.

I'll still save for the new build though after Penryn or Phenom comes out. I want to see which one performs better first before the purchase.