New parts came in...

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Well, I'm still waiting for the heatsink/fan to come in (they're stock AMD cooler for the X2 so you know what it looks like) but in the meantime, I'm going to get the RAM installed. Here's a peek at the parts. The G.Skill is retail and there it is. The little stickers are pretty cool I guess, but I'm just going to end up throwing them away :p.

The CPU is OEM and for those of you inquiring what an OEM CPU comes with, it comes with NOTHING, but the CPU. It is well protected during packing with styrofoam inside the plastic CPU carrying case and bubble wrap on the outside as you can see.

1002574bs4.jpg

1002576pq3.jpg

1002590gz1.jpg

1002591hi8.jpg

The Arctic Silver is a tiny, tiny little syringe like tube. Very small. I'll be putting some on when I get the sinkfan. Come on FedEx, where are YOU?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?! You got smoked by UPS, lol.

there's nothing like having to wait on parts when your ready to just do your build. on the pic of the cpu..what does "diffused in germany, made in malaysia" mean?.....the diffused in germany part,,not the made in malaysia part.

Hey nice stuff, instead of throwing out those stickers send them to me I will send you a envelope with a stamp lol I want the stickers.

THat's what I was thinking of too at first. Diffused in Germany is where the actual wafer of the X2 core is made. They have a plant there that makes these CPU and everything is assembled and packed in Malaysia. I least, that's what I think. I remember reading about Germany having a microprocessor plant.

OMG, I'm testing UT3 right now. RAM has been significantly relieved!!!! Only at 42% now. Huge difference from before when it peaked at 100% constantly. The game loaded much faster, wow. The actual gameplay has improved dramatically. I'm no longer dipping below 15fps like before, but still edges around 15-18fps every once in awhile when the game restarts. Overall, it would ride on 22-34fps for most of the part which I'm very impressed. I can't wait to see further damage once the multi core CPU goes in!!!! RAM matters that much, lol. I OC'ed the existing CPU to 2.6GHz, but I'm still taking it out though.

Hmm yeah, my processor doesn't say anything about diffusion, lemme bring up a pic:

IMG_1843.jpg

^yours is probably a different fabraction, if its 65nm than it is, because his is a socket 939 90nm.

love the smell of new parts :D i wish my ram came with case stickers! all i got on my front bezel is evga, arctic cooling, and ubuntu, but they can easily be hidden my shutting the drive door :)

Hmm you know that feeling when you have all the parts except one and you just cant wait to get the last part and rip into the computer and see how damn fast it is? Damn I feel like that now lol I want my mobo and my GPU so I can use the comp already lol. And send me the stickers :)

All my parts are from Newegg except for the cooler. That, I went through CWC here in Ontario, California. Newegg doesn't carry stock coolers.

Yeah, my PC is an older machine--but man, with the proper upgrades, you can really see a huge difference!!!!! See, with Windows XP, 1GB worked flawless. Now that Vista is installed, it ran ok, but gaming wise, it was worse. Now with a 3GB bump in RAM, windows load much, much faster. I notice the transition in UT3 is super fast now where before, I would wait for about 10-15 seconds to switch to another screen. Now, it's gone!!! Like2-3 seconds, boom, I'm at another screen. Yeah, I"m enjoying this game a lot more now.

I'm running Crysis now so I'll see what I can do with that game. So far, like UT3, it loaded very quickly. Man, for those of you with Vista, please get 2GB or more. I can't stress the importance of this. 1GB is NOTHING!!! If you mulititask like a mother and play games like your life depended on it, the more, the better. Hahah, it's a tight squeeze in my case. All 4 RAM sticks are pressed against each other, lol. Talk about heat exchange!!!! Luckily, my case fan blows right on top of them. Corsair and G.Skill works great together.

Man, it's like almost 4pm and FedEx still hasn't shown up yet. Tracking says they're on delivery. I ordered these parts all at the same time and they're both shipped out from southern california.

If you want the stickers, give me your name and address.......

DAMNNNNN, Crysis hit 36-50fps!!!!!! Woowwwy, an incredible 1,000% increase in fps from my 1-2fps before!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom