The New nVidia Chipsets?

BrynF_UK

Fully Optimized
Right, as of now I'm entirely confused about what the new chipset thats coming out (apparently there is one :confused: ) and i cant seem to find anything about it when i search Google :)eek: strange!) and I've just RMA'd a motherboard i got a few weeks ago since it was DOA so now I've got some money to spend :D

so can anyone please give some info about this new chipset and when its coming out and what manufacturers are going to be using it on their motherboards and whats better about it and doesn't it support Intel quad cores (Q6600) ?!

btw, did u get the mobo from OcUK?

its called nforce 780i
http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20071120PD215.html

The nForce 780i will target Intel's X38 chipsets as its major competitor. It will support PCI Express 2.0 and 3-way SLI technology with three PCI Express x16 slots. Motherboard pricing will be around US$200, noted the sources.

With most of the features of the 780i similar to those of the X38 with the added benefit of 3-way SLI, some motherboard makers expect the chipset to have a good chance of performing well in the market. The chipset will also feature Nvidia's ESA (enthusiast system architecture) to monitor the PC hardware status, added the sources

In related news, Nvidia's support for DDR3 will show up in the first quarter next year, according to the sources.

I kind of wish I was building now instead of earlier, I wanna X38 board lol

The 780i looks promising.

thanks everyone and no i got the motherboard from misco.co.uk and i think its a bit out of my price range... but im gonna wait and see anyway i might as well :) thanks again

it will after xmas, so some ppl are saying, but i hope it does, coz then it will support 45-nm, 3 way sli, pci-e2, and ddr3, its worth waiting for.

i heard somewhere aswell, that intel are doing sli board aswell as crossfire, dont no if its true or not, but thats the only thing stopping me getting an intel board atm

Back
Top Bottom